RSS

Friday, January 1, 2010

Apologies, Video, and New Year's Resolutions? Oh, my...


Due to the unforeseen lack of internet over my holidays, I have been terribly remiss in posting. I'm very sorry for my lack of promised reviews and updates! It was mildly fun writing reviews Olde Skool style and actually writing them on paper using a pen. But then again, I couldn't add the pretty pictures I normally do, which was sad. Plus, my hand cramped, which might mean I write too much about books (or too little, depending on how you look at it). I'm in the process of transferring my ramblings on paper into something I can actually post here, because, horror of horrors, I didn't even have access to my laptop, which was (and actually, still is) a nightmare. I'm not as fond of desktops, especially when the keys stick. But I digress.

To make up for my lack of a review now, I shall instead offer you this video:



I'm a huge fan of The Guild, a hilarious web series about gamers. And the music video they made makes me laugh every time.

Anyway, since 2010 has finally arrived, I figure I should share my New Year's Resolutions, in the hopes that if others know my goals, and I know I'll have to report on my progress at the end of the year, I might have a better chance of succeeding at accomplishing my goals. So here they are:
  • Rather than attempting to lose weight, my goal is to get fit and more accurately, toned. I will know I have accomplished this when I can run 2 miles in under 16 minutes and do 42 push-ups and 78 sit-ups each in 2 minutes (thanks to U.S. Army physical fitness standards). Although right now, I'm thinking I'll definitely need a year to get this one done.
  • Post a book review at least 3 times a week. This goal seems more attainable, although judging by my past performance...
  • Learn one new foreign language while maintaining proficiency in all the languages I currently know. I think I'm going to try to take on German, since I have English, Spanish, and French under my belt. Unfortunately, my French needs a lot of work, so this resolution will be...interesting.
  • Go on a road trip with my two best friends. We've been planning to go for a few years, but so far, it hasn't happened.
  • Finish cleaning and rearranging my room. After I painted the walls, I shoved my furniture and clothes back into it rather haphazardly, so it's a bit of a mess. And I painted my room 2 years ago. (See why I need accountability?)
  • Clean out the kitchen cupboards and make them more accessible.
  • Tackle the disaster known locally as My Basement. I don't even know if I can accomplish cleaning my basement in one year working every day for 12 hours, but I'll toss this one on my list anyway.
  • Clean out my closet. I have clothes in there from my 8th grade year, which is depressing and due to my difficulties with getting rid of, well, anything. (Thus the reason that most of my resolutions deal with cleaning.)
  • It'd be fantastic if I could get 50 followers on this blog, too, but that might be wishful thinking since I currently have a grand total of 2 followers. And one is my sister.
And those are my resolutions for 2010. However, I would just like to add that though it sounds as if I live in an incredibly messy house, it’s really not that bad. I promise. ;D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's lying. It really is that bad. Well, actually it's mostly just her room.

Chris said...

Man Ruthie, you are hardcore. I will help you with the last one. Great seeing you at Sherlock as well!

CG :)

book_lover_girl said...

Yay! Thanks, Chris! I'm really appreciative that you're willing to read my blog. It was great to see you at Sherlock Holmes, too!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a comment about your thoughts!